This dish is simple and tasty.
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets , stem and leaves included, washed
- 4 Tablespoons cooking oil of choice ( olive, coconut, mustard or ghee)
- 3 Tablespoons heaped coriander powder
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes ( fresh or canned)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl mix the water, coriander powder, black pepper and turmeric . Let sit aside.
- Heat a large pan. Add the oil. Keep heat medium low. Add the water and spice paste and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Stir. Put a lid on and cook on low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and salt. Stir well till all the cauliflower gets coated with the spice paste and tomatoes. Cover and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring once or twice in between. Check tenderness of cauliflower. The last couple of minutes cook without covering.
- Finish with a splash of the lemon juice. This dish can be enjoyed hot or at room temperature .