There is so much about food that we discuss these days. We describe it with many words...healthy food, dietary food, fast food, slow food, nourishing food , soul food, nutritious food, real food and the list goes on. So much food and so much variety of foods available. So much to choose from leaves many of us confused , especially if we chase the food trends and the sales and marketing behind it! Does it leave you utterly confused? Read further if your answer is Yes !
- It all begins with my SELF !
- What value am I adding to food in my life ?
- What do I understand about it?
- What do I want from it?
- What am I willing to do about it?
My journey and relationship with food has been at many levels. I am filled with gratitude that my food today feeds my body, mind and spirit!
- As I begin to fully realize that my SELF is Universal, my view , my lens begins to change too.
- I understand the connectedness of my food, from politics, to climate, to farmers and farms, health and wealth.
- I want my food to nurture me, my family, my community and all the communities beyond.
- To do this I make the effort to be conscious , mindful, intentional and recognize the spirit in foods.
- I make a sincere effort to cook more of the meals at home and share .
The simple mantra that I shared with all my dear students was to " taste the earth, the sun, the moon and the stars in your food " and see the Universe on the plate !!!!!!
So, take your viewpoint on food to another level .
May you find the spirits of your food dance and rejoice with you!
More food thoughts !